Thread: Liam Doran
View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2016, 09:41 (Ref:3696357)   #95
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think this is largely a good idea.

My only personal issue with it is that it will be used by IMG as a replacement for other formula's, especially in the UK. Next year we don't even have S1600 which is good racing and a variety of cars, instead we have the Norwegian rwd championship. And of course this GpB thing.

So as a fan you are being sort of short changed compared to a fan in Sweden or France where you get ERC too, and you can bet we will be paying more yet again in 2017 if we go. I will not be this year, unless they get say 20 GpB cars there!!

And being brutally honest, a lot of them look great but run like a bag of nails, a lot of them seem to have permanent misfires which takes away some of the spectacle. I have never seen or heard the Gollop Metro run properly and I have seen it a few times now, the Doran RS200 hasn't run right the two times I saw it, though it seemed OK in France and the Iversen Rs200 was a bag of nails.

Gibbo's car always runs well and Enda's Metro did as did the ex Wiklund car, so I hope they do get them running better.

If they run a proper series that might sort itself out I hope

As a further note, there has been some news that the ex Gollop 309 has been purchased and is going to be rebuilt into a broadly simil;ar car to what Will used in 93. The previous owner has been on here in the past looking for info but thankfully didn't do much with it, so as a shell it is pretty much as it was. I think the guy that runs the ex Needell Metro has bought it, so hopefully he can get it to run better than the Metro does!!

SO looking ahead you have that, and Terry Maynard's RS200 coming too.