View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2018, 14:40 (Ref:3808548)   #5504
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Someone like Toyota might. But I agree, no BoP mess in LMP1 please. LMP2 was supposed to be free of it as well but even that is starting to crumble.
Yeah I think Toyota and Ford might, for marketing purposes, but all the non-hybrid P1s would instantly bail out and just run same cars as the others, ie those cheap stock P2s with different headlights and customer engine slapped into them, instantly transforming them to "OEM cars" by badge-engineering. Everyone would complain all the time and you'd have bop changes between practice and qualifying sessions, but I guess some of the IMSA teams and fans would be happy...?

It's the same thing as if in F1 the FIA would allow spec F2 Dallaras into the grid and to be able to artificially complete for overall win. They'd allow small aesthetic modifications to how the wings would look like, thus enabling the teams technically still be "constructors", but effectively it'd mean just rebranding the Dallaras as what the teams wish to call them. Everyone would instantly give up on building expensive and innovative F1 chassis of their own (except maybe like Ferrari and Mercedes for similar marketing/historical reasons as said above) and stick their engines and 100 dollar wing modifications and different paint jobs into the spec F2 Dallaras, trusting FIA to give them power to win.

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Mar 2018 at 14:47.