View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3808626)   #5509
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I don't like it either, but that's probably the best scenario in order to get the cars to run both series. I think if the manufacturers supply engines and give some tech to these guys it's about equal to private lmp1's. What I really think needs to happen is that these teams foot the bill if they want to run DPi. It shouldn't be pure Acura or Cadillac. It should be a Penske Oreca Acura. Ginetta said something similar before about how they could change the appearance to match to a manufacturer. So if a manufacturer wants to enter right now and not use a hybrid they might not be allowed but with this they would be. They might have to appease DPi guys but if it means that there's lmp1's/GTP's in IMSA too that would have to be the settlement.