Thread: Crossle 12F
View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2003, 09:28 (Ref:742749)   #13
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob

That number is likely to have been applied the first time the car appeared in SCCA competition. This means we're either talking about a national-level race that happened to be in Florida (Sebring?) or it was something at local club level which suggests the owner was from Florida. The Formula B championship in 1967/68 did not include any visits to Florida so that suggests we're looking for a Florida owner.

As I know from my F5000 research, relatively few "formula car" drivers were from Florida. This could be a very useful lead.

Do we know who raced 12Fs? I can only find Ned Owen (from Bridgehampton 67), Bruce Klussman (from War Bonnet 67; seen again in 68), Roger Barr (from St Jovite 67; seen again in 68) and Jacques Couture (68 onwards). I think Klussman and Barr were from the US north-east and Couture was Canadian. Ned Owen was from Malvern, PA. OK - so that didn't get me very far!

Am I helping at all?

Allen