View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2015, 00:55 (Ref:3525933)   #1282
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
Video was going to kill the radio star ... can't say that it did.
Movie theatres were also going to die ... they keep building new ones and refurbing others.

Personally I think they are a bit early with this call on TV carking it.
Yours is an opinion that a lot seem to hold but the trend over the last half decade or longer is down with no sign of it stopping. The only thing preventing a faster decline is the older generation who are now watching TV in their declining years due to the inability to access other entertainment. My kids do not watch TV, I haven't watched TV for years and if I switch it on I stream off the internet.

The present system where income is produced and sponsors pay because of TV rights is going to cop a kick in the bum in the next few years as it is realised that the viewers are simply not watching as they have done in the past. As I said above where are sponsored sports going to get their income from? Streaming of Oz motor sport is already here and I was told last week that Wakefield Park plan to stream all events and the entrants will have the cost added to their entry fees. They in fact have lost interest in TV it seems. I guess if WP are going to do it then all AASA tracks will go there eventually with a permanent set up, switch it on and you get web streaming.