Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2017, 13:03 (Ref:3752139)   #57
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd like to say I called it. I knew you'd dismiss everything as left propaganda, so threw in the IMF link too and you even managed to call that left propaganda. Shall we throw in some moon landing and 9/11 videos too?

Quote:
So here is the Guardian showing how electricity & gas prices rose by 37% in just 3 years since 2010.
I didn't realise that gas was produced by renewables. Do tell me more about how renewables are responsible for the rise in gas prices. Are the wind turbines generating that? Or the solar panels? The workers might do - some of them have a bad diet. But the wind turbines near me don't output gas. Maybe...just maybe, the prices would rise because energy companies want to make some money. Turns out, no matter what the source, they want some of your money.

Quote:
Meanwhile , one of the biggest , most advanced solar plants in the world might have to close as it will never make enough money to pay for itself .
A power plant is closing down because it's not profitable? That never happens to oil and gas power plants ever. The problem of bad planning and infrastructure is exclusive to renewables and would never occur for oil and gas plants.

I do find it absolutely ADORABLE that you call International Monetary Fund loony and lies, and then use the Daily Mail for a source. Even when I KNEW you'd dismiss everything as lefty nonsense, I never expected the Daily Mail to become a citation.

Quote:
But no doubt you will ignore them because they do not fit your viewpoint .
I'm ignoring things? I'm not the one rejecting arguments with "left wing looney" statements, and then backing it up with the Daily Mail. I'm happily admitting that the renewable industry has issues, whilst you make wild false claims like oil and gas gets no subsidies. Even your economist article doesn't say these challenges are insurmountable (are you reading what you're posting? Or just going for the headlines?). Out of the 2 of us, i'm the only one admitting that their chosen energy future has issues. I have repeatedly said that renewables needs development and investment to succeed.

So since you're so absolutely determined to tell me how solar panels are (see, we have managed to leave the topic of electric cars completely!), would you like to lay out your plan for a renewable future for when we do not have any more oil and gas to rely on? Because if you completely ignore efficiency, economics, health and environment, the fact remains that we're currently chewing through a finite resource at a record rate, and have no replacement lined up. So what will it be? I vote for burning some books, and those left wing looneys.

Or we can call it a day if you want since this is just going to round in circles (and I consider a discussion dead when the Daily Mail is used as a scientific citation). You can continue to claim electric cars are awful, solar panels won't help anything and it's all lefty crap. I'll be off enjoying my future in my electric car. Hopefully a Tesla one day. That's the dream! If you want a bit more speed, I'll give you a tow.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 17 Jul 2017 at 13:12.