Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3752157)   #60
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Using your own data -

There was a sudden drop at the end of 2015 as the tax break was phased out in Denmark. However there was then an upward trend after that. Q1 2016 Denmark sold 200 electric cars. Q2 was 300, Q3 was 600 and Q4 was 900. Using your own site, those statistics say that without tax breaks, Denmarks electric car sales have grown 450%.

Hong Kong has not dropped to nothing, what-so-ever. It went from 17,500 to 4,200. That's still 4,200...not "nothing". That's 4200 more than nothing.

China electric car sales went from 200,000 in 2014 to 350,000 in 2016. You can "think" china is dropping, when in reality it's sky rocketing. In fact, China sold so many more electric cars, it makes up for the drop in Denmark and Hong Kong combined (which was 15,000 less sales), with over 100,000 to spare. AND, these are still sales...which means they are selling.

https://qz.com/972897/china-is-selli...ot-even-close/

If you'd like more global sales figures then you'll see an upward trend every year, and even the 2017 incentives removals didn't stop every month this year being a new record. Fact is, electric car sales are still climbing every year. You are the one that brought up electric car sales, and they appear to support the growth of the electric car rather than the decline. Even once incentives are removed, after the initial one off hit, the data then continues to trend upwards. The message there is quite clear - people will buy electric cars when they can afford to buy them.

http://www.ev-volumes.com/

Also, this misses the wider point (which we keep getting told to look at). why are EV incentives a thing? Because the cars are expensive, and the government wants people to go down the route of electric cars, so is paying people to go that way. When the cars get cheaper (which they are, the Tesla Model 3 is 1/3 the price of the Model S), the incentives will go away because people will be able to afford them without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
The fact that you want to believe in the IMF & the LSE says more about you I think .
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...zLvZ_eL30bO3qQ

Takes a minute for " Continue to article "
Unfortunately when I click "Continute to the Article" it just puts me back in a loop around so I cannot read it. Don't worry, I have the Daily Mail here though, they'll set me right.

If you don't like electric cars because they're boring or whatever, that's fine. It's a perfectly valid stance to prefer a petrol car because of the noise, the feel, the driving sensation etc. Or just the raw mechanical experience of it. But don't make claims like electric car sales are declining, the technology isn't any good, or only renewables is subsidised. It just isn't true. It's perfectly fine to just want a petrol car. When I win the lottery (ha), I'll be buying a nice big Bentley V8 (or maybe W16 if they still make them). And I don't need to justify that. But I won't come and tell everyone electric cars are dead because I want a petrol car.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 17 Jul 2017 at 14:34.