View Single Post
Old 11 May 2018, 15:17 (Ref:3821514)   #66
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
I wonder whether they should have done a soft launch with limiting access to (randomly chosen) early adopters. That is typically best practices nowadays.
So I don't follow this topic much, but I have heard anecdotally that the difficulty in launch something like this is that if built from scratch, those who are doing this typically just don't know what they are doing when compared to those who do it well. That conceptually it is simple, but in practice it is more complex. Everyone goes in very optimistic that it will work as expected and then reality sets in.

I think I have read that the "right" way to do this is to not go it alone, but to partner with someone who already has experience and is already streaming a large amount of content. My guess is that if they are having problems now, it may be a long road ahead to get it straightened out. Lots of "on the job training" and "school of hard knocks" going on.

Richard