View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2005, 09:29 (Ref:1328110)   #40
SeaneyC
Racer

SeaneyC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ultimately, at the end of the day, do i care if the pretty grid girl knows much about her team/driver? IMHO, no, not at all. Disappointing yes, as to the average joe, the grid girl does nothing more than stand on a bit of tarmac for 5 minutes, 3 times a day, and occasionally stand next to a driver for an hour at a pit lane autograph session. It would be nice if they did take interest in the series, or even feign some in it, but to be brutally honest, i actually don't care if they do or not, as long as they look good. This sounds very shallow, but this is afterall their job. As a DJ, i get paid to entertain people by playing songs, and only that. I am employed for my ability to choose and blend songs, not for my singing ability (thank god), or bone shattering dance moves (Obviously i do have an awesome arsenal of dance moves, but perhaps people don't want to pay overweight guys to dance on a stage lol)

Perhaps someone (Miss/Ms/Mrs. Gridmodels?) could enlighten me as to what else they actually do, and, if they're getting paid silly money, or just decent money. At the moment, i would think most people would like to know exactly what they do do, and then perhaps we would be able to make better judgements about them. Certainly it seems to me at the moment that they stand about and chat to various sponsors and VIPs in the team areas, and not much else outside of nameplate holding duties. Don't take this as an attack from me to say they're overpaid bimbos, as it's not, but the fact that i'm having to question what they actually do, is perhaps an indication that some aspects of their role need to be changed/highlighted to give the impression that they're not just an outdated idea sucking cash out of team funding.