Thread: Three stage DRS
View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2016, 20:23 (Ref:3670819)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a bit of a rant alert here

typically the most expense seats at a GP are along the straight (main grandstand but mainly the luxury boxes) and are imo typically filled up with people who are either there for the first time or those who dont know there are much better sight lines to be found elsewhere. (thats a gross generalization i know so please no offence to anyone who genuinely prefers sitting here).

obviously personal preference here, but outside of the start there is not much action along the straight. for me, i like sitting near corners or hairpins as thats where you can really see the cars move around, change direction, slow down and speed up because you cant pick up details when the cars are whizzing by at +200mph (or maybe i just like them more because these seats are slightly cheaper and have the words 'dont panic' written on the back of them).

anyways, the cynical part of me (maybe tin foil hat part of me) thinks DRS is really just there to make the premium/luxury seats feel more exciting by creating the appearance of racing/passing on parts of the track that typically doesn't see much action (in the modern era anyways) and that just so happens to coincide with an area of seats that cost the most amount of money.

its a necessary value added when the most expensive seats in the house tend to be the worst ones from a live spectator perspective.

sad to say but i think they have their zones placed out exactly where they want them to be.

Last edited by chillibowl; 7 Sep 2016 at 20:28.