View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2017, 16:12 (Ref:3768328)   #22
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It wasn't the most scintillating race and last year's wasn't much different. It's a bit of a shame considering it was the season finale and several drivers were in contention for the championship. Hopefully the IR-15 will produce even better, closer racing.

Overall, I thought it was a very good season and an eventful one. If there was an outstanding moment, I think it was seeing Alonso during the Rookie Orientation Program.

Now we have the long off season. I personally think Mark Miles shouldn't be so scared of the NFL and try and extend the season into October and start the season at the beginning of March. However, this year the teams will be busy as they receive their IR-15s and I'm really looking forward to seeing it race next season.

I think a better strategy than extending the season into fall is to open it in January or early February. Could make that a "fly away" section of the schedule if the events and finances work. Racing is dead in January and early February and everyone is jonesing for their fix, and Indycar could be the biggest series running at that timeframe.