Old 25 Jan 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3017090)   #48
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman View Post
How useful a FF1600 website would be to help resolve some of the questions raised in this thread...
It's funny you should mention that. Anyway...

For the moment I will keep Anglesey National lap record. However, I have massive reservations about it. Even if it was a class for FF1600, I cannot imagine that the scrutineers made as much effort to check eligibility compared to a de facto Kent race. Although it sets a potentially dangerous precedent, I believe that only laps from standalone FF1600 races should count - as Kipper pointed out, many cars in Mono form often resemble FF1600 cars, but under the skin could have a whole host of mods.

This is still slightly flexible though. For example, if a FF2000 and FF1600 became a combined grid (such as in the French series) then I would allow that. The scrutineering would be much more thorough.

I am not going to include circuits such as Jurby, Ingliston, Birmingham, Mallory Oval etc as they are circuits that either are completely inactive or unlikely to be used for a modern FF1600 race. Rockingham and Cadwell are on the list (before any arguments start) as I could believe that a race could be held there in the near future.

Has anyone verified the Thruxton and Oulton Fosters records.

Also, the Spence lap record will stand (in this record). If you chose to ignore it then fine, but it won't be updated until it is beaten (if ever). The circuit has not changed and the tyres are undoubtedly slower than Avons. The spec of the cars hasn't changed.