Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3740995)   #100
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd always buy my Rolex 24 ticket when I'd go to the vintage races in November. I'd always been able to get infield parking until the 2016 race, but was still able to get an infield camping pass at the same price to get in.

Last year I tried to get tickets a couple months earlier but parking and camping was sold out so I ended up in lot 5. This year I tried to buy tickets the afternoon they went on sale and it was all sold out.

They sent me emails to renew my tickets but when I tried to do that it said I had no tickets to renew and the only tickets I'd ever bought were for the 2014 Rolex 24 and the 2011 Southern 500. In actuality I've been to nearly every Rolex/Sunbank 24 since 1984 and always buy from the track.

I figured, no big deal, no way it'll sell out the first day. And there's not even an option to buy Lot 5 tickets currently so I don't know if those are sold out.

When I was a kid we'd show up on race day with no tickets and go right into the infield. The problem now is nearly the entire infield is reserved for displays and car corrals. The worst is the corvette corral which takes up the giant field inside turn 4 and is never more than 10% full if that.