View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3021449)   #1569
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Kind of a leftfield one but E-I reports that Alexandre Premat has signed a deal to compete full-time in Aussie V8 Supercars.

I'm sure he must have had offers for WEC/LM drives. Maybe he didn't want to compete in LMP2 any longer?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9442.html
Left field indeed! No one saw this coming. With no experience in V8s its a bold move by Garry Rogers to give him a full season drive. Im a bit surprised why Premat would want to race a big heavy V8 compared to a LMP which is more similar to what he has raced in the past. Well good on him anyway, hope he goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
In V8 Supercars all drivers get paid, and some of them pretty lavishly from what I've heard... so that might have played into that.
Im guessing most drivers would be on six figures and at least half a dozen at the top would be earning upwards of half a million AUD per year with one or two of those on seven figures (or at least to anyway). Good money to be earnt.