View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3756448)   #66
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
And second, there is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AurfDcOHQQA

I always knew there was something unpleasant about that Toto. Note how Lauda doesn't react at all, while Anthony Hamilton looks a little conflicted, but shows some firm approval. It really looks like the team disregarded the deal between Bottas and Lewis, but Lewis, for whatever reason, made his own decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
You guys are kidding, right? He's obviously furious. Funny how Lauda is cold faced towards Toto while he's "celebrating".
Sorry, I just don't see it. Maybe you are projecting what is a particularly negative perspective onto those in the video? Seeing what you want to see? I will say if anything is odd about that is the lack of any reaction from Lauda, but then again, I don't pay much attention to him, so for all I know it might not be unusual for him. I believe I have seen similar reactions from Toto before when something goes right for the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Toto was celebrating Lewis not losing a spot trying to hand the position back!
That makes as much if not more sense than anything put forth so far. Given the gap between the two and with Verstappen so close behind Bottas it was going to require some work to make it happen in the waning laps. Also, there should have been no instant "Anger" to be expressed, because Hamilton had clearly been slowing (and some cars unlapping themselves) to perform the position swap. If there was to be anger, it would have been when they saw that starting and not when it finished?

I am not a Hamilton fan. I will go as far as to say I am not keen on him winning the championship this year. But, I also have no problem saying he did the right thing here and I hope he doesn't loose by three points so that this true gesture of "sportsmanship" and "keeping his word" doesn't become clouded in the future. Why are we all so eager to convert something good in F1 into something bad.

Richard