View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2017, 06:02 (Ref:3762523)   #2082
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At long long last the Championship 'holiday' has come to a close, and the last 2 meetings are entered.
Last but one is next weekend at Prescott.

I need to get the Lola cleaned today, fuelled, and started to make sure all is well after a 2.5 month off period.
The class for this meeting has changed fro the usual 2 or 3, we are joined by a full spec hillclimb sports racing car, a Pilbeam MP48 with a Millington 2.3 engine driven by an ex-British hill climb champion, Ray Rowan and Nick is back with his turbocharged Jaguare V6 engine Lotus Esprit.
Nigel in his NGT V8 and Allan in his insane EVO drive train Mini make up a 5 car class.
I will not be getting a class win! Might pick up 3rd or 4th.
The Pilbeam was heading the class about 4 years ago with Terry in it and was really fast until a heavy shunt at Shelsley finished the car.
Ray bought it to rebuild.

We went to Oulton Park for the Gold Cup meeting last weekend, a great classic car event and found in the paddock a nice Lola T492, bright red and and standard as it comes, looked great.

Then is slowly dawned on me the body had a lot of familiar holes...

It was my old hillclimb red body I sold some years ago to make way for the lighter blue body, bit of a pleasant surprise!