View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2002, 22:57 (Ref:269890)   #20
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan said from very early on that they would be restructuring the company. In fact there was a company hired to help with the decision making. This is not a sudden thing. Some people still think that Sato is a factor. Maybe if he was more competitive I could understand the arguement. Right now he does not seem to be that special. People still think Honda would rather lose with Sato than win with someone else. I dont get it! That is just plain DUM, no B just DUM! There is no short term solution for being slow. None! If that was the case Minardi would at least be a midfielder. Jordan needs a good car and Honda needs a good motor. Apparrently both BAR and Jordan saw that they were spending too much money and getting nothing in return from their workers. We seem to oversimplify things. It does not make us look too intelligent. I can see all the Honda execs. saying "we dont care if we are wasting 200 million a year, as long a someone japanese is driving for us". Maybe Toyota is saying "we will wait to see what Honda does first so then we can copy them, like we do at everything else". That might explain the shortage of Japanese people on their team. BAR wants to win, Jordan wants to win and Honda wants to win. That is why they are in racing, not for political games. We are implying that Honda will stake their ruputation and their future in F1 on the shoulders of a rookie. How sick would that be. Jordan did what they said they would do at the end of last season. It is not just to save money it is for efficiency!