View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2001, 09:45 (Ref:175350)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Silverstone is the only track in the UK with enough facilities to host a Grand Prix. The whole arguement is about access to the circuit and queues in and out of the event. There are major road improvements being undertaken at the moment to alleviate the problem, but like all works in the UK they take forever to complete.

As I said in an earlier post, the FIA say nothing about any other GP and seem hell bent on ruining the British GP in my opinion. The is nothing to stop Octagon holding the GP in any country they wish, although I agree to have the British GP in any other country than Britain is a nonsence. To be quite honest, if it were to happen it would be Bernie and the FIA that were made to look stupid for forcing the race out of the country.

Of course there is another scenario. The FIA and the Poison Dwarf are trying to put pressure on the UK Government to fund much of the circuit improvements through public spending, or by lottery funding.

Either way, I and many thousands of others, are seriously hacked off at the continual sniping at the British Grand Prix. Lets also remember that the mud bath of two years ago was caused by the FIA moving the British GP to April, a month when there is often snow in England! That was designed to teach the BRDC a lesson for not selling the circuit to Brands Hatch Leisure (Octagon). The whole Grand Prix matter is now so political it has forgotten what it is intended to be ENTERTAINMENT!