View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3095490)   #2537
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, Black Swan was supposed to switch to a 2012 car for Lime Rock, but they were basically out of parts for the 2011 car, especially after the Long Beach crash. The trouble for Dempsey is, he has to have a coupe for his insurance to clear him to run. Hopefully Dyson has spares enough, and if they use the 2011 car, maybe they can keep running a second at the sprint rounds, of which there are only four more.

I'm a bit surprised that Lola Group hasn't come in to pick up Lola Cars and Lola Composites. It occurs to me that, given all the parts the team had to make or modify for their hybridized coupes, maybe Dyson, or Dyson in conjunction with somebody, could acquire Lola.

A minor correction, Entr0py, the 17-second run is the one through the two sets of esses up to that fast left-hander at Turn 10. The back stretch is still 15 seconds on full throttle though. The front stretch is 13 seconds or so on full power. And counting up the other bits around the lap, there's another 16-18 seconds of full-throttle running on top of those three main stretches. And yes, there only seem to be 2-3 slow corners, plus another 3-4 medium-speed corners. The rest are very much high-speed curves. One interesting thing I noticed, and a rarity these days, is that the Cytosport car was using first gear for "Oak Tree".