View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2016, 12:06 (Ref:3696383)   #56
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
You say

but then post a picture of one of the most beautiful cars ever I'd like to add some nominations of my own, but I realize I am more appalled by body shape than by how they paint it. (in current GT) The Mustang, the camaro, the cadillac, the AMG GT, the BMW M6, the Bentley, yuck all these tanks. Grand Am DPs brrr. No amount of hippie car livery will make these beautiful in my eyes. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm yet to see a livery that'll make a 458/488 look ugly (try me, please).
Ha! The 917 is one of the most beautiful cars of all time and the long tails are the most beautiful versions of it. Take the livery on this a slap it on something else, I don't think it works.

Outside if the Argentine TCs, I am struggling to find something I hate. I have found many ugly shaped cars, however.

I always thought this never made sense. The Olive Garden Ferrari. Fake Italian restaurant, all Italian Ferrari painted green while the British Ferrari in the same races was red.

Not ugly. Just making no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Loving this thread, and some of the schemes! [emoji23] The purple and green 917 is one of my all time favourites.

The original 1971 Le Mans entry was nicknamed 'The Hippie Car', and painted at the circuit with spray cans! Originally intended to be white with red stripes (opposite to the other / winning 917), apparently Piech was not particularly impressed, but sponsors Martini were...
The Hippie car is certainly iconic and a great story. I'm sure people at the time found it too much and over the top,but its damn hard to make a 17 ugly.