View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2017, 16:57 (Ref:3727994)   #85
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
But it can be difficult for them to do so when under pressure/stress so it can be awkward at times (i.e. last year when asking Hamilton to speed up or whatever it was they did).
I agree with most of what you say, but how was asking Hamilton to race last year "awkward"? See, that's the root of all unfairness in Mercedes. Hamilton can do whatever he wants - even blatantly refuse to race and risk a pretty much secured 1-2 finish for the team, and he gets away with it. I even wouldn't be shocked if he would have gladly made sure no Mercedes finished. Paddy Lowe left the team, for whatever reason, and I think it's actually hurt the team with their race strategy. But whatever, as long as Lewis is happy. I can't call that "doing the right thing".

And of course Lewis's fans would say you have to do whatever you can to win. But then why should have Rosberg let Lewis through in Monaco? Do people realize that if he didn't, maybe Lewis might not have had enough points to get his chance to win by slowing down in the last race? Yeah, maybe Mercedes would not have won the race, but how is this different than risking the win in the last race? It was more than obvious by Monaco that Mercedes would get the constructor's and driver's title.