View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2017, 06:41 (Ref:3738945)   #6
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
The BTCC is watchable online and I said that's where I watch it. I also didn't say the BTCC gets watch by millions. That's still more on TV in the UK than other series streaming for free globally.
Well you said that TV audiences are in the millions and we are talking about BTCC. Sky doesn't even get millions for F1 although C4 does. It's not about whether a TV company puts it's normal output directly onto a stream. It's a different way of doing things.

I watch many motorsport streams online some free to users and some I subscribe to. None of them have adverts. One of the reasons I don't have Sky or Virgin. I refuse to pay for a service 99% of which I don't want and then have to watch or avoid adverts on top of that. The little TV I do watch is on time delay so I can skip all the adverts. That's not a good business model.

The point is that it's changing like many other things. Cheque books, high street banking, letters are all things that only exist because of the older generation. TV has to change or die.

Reading the BTCC rules and the enormous number of things the teams and drivers can't do on social media because of ITV is like reading something penned by Ecclestone and way behind the times.