Thread: 2013 Cup Bodies
View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3050209)   #58
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
But the given reason as to why the Monte Carlo SS name was dropped in favour of the Impala as the nominated GM Sprint Cup body in the first place was that the Monte Carlo was not a mass-market car.

I'd be delighted if the Great American Car-Buying Public came to their senses, and rushed in their droves to buy a front-engine rear-drive V-8 powered Chevrolet Commodore in 2013, but I somehow doubt it.
The Monte sold so poorly that they stopped making it and that is why they changed the name. Good riddance.

The Charger sells pretty well, so I don't see that being the issue. I don't think you will see a V8 offered unless this car sells REALLY well though due to the fuel mileage standards. They already have the pick ups, Camaro, and Corvette to offset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Right now yes, but that is looking to change when the Commodore gets a major facelift for next year. The plan is to also sell it as a Chevy.
It would have to be the Caprice though as the Commodore overlaps with the new Malibu's segment too much.