View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2366151)   #25
TR7V8
Rookie

TR7V8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No word on the permit yet but that is probably good news.

I like the Taupo track. Much more interesting than my 'local' track Manfeild.

Taupo businesses live in a world of their own. I get the impression they are geared to fleece the international tourist because they will probably get one go at them. When you have to go there often for track events (I've been 6 times in the last year) you get pretty bored with the attitude & I've often heard non-locals complain about how difficult it is to do business there.

Taupo might be central to the North Island but it is also isolated so few who would be coming to see the race would be day-trippers. Accommodation is booked out for big events in Taupo several months in advance & for the A1GP there is a 4 night minimum. Most attendees would only need 2 & I hate being taken advantage of like that.

If the race was in Hampton Downs there would be loads more people who would come just for race day because it wouldn't be so expensive to bring the family if they didn't have to stay for the whole weekend. It would be further away from home for me but it is already a 4-5 hour drive to Taupo so another 2 hours won't make much difference - not if you use the right car.