View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3575721)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For me , there was hardly anyone there, it was incrediably hot this weekend which begs the question why go there at this time of year, was almost as hot as Thailand which is also at a stupid time of year, middle of their damn summer.

You cannot compare. AMA tracks, bikes are different to GP bikes and tracks.

If Cairoli went to race AMA outdoor he would be top 5 but not winning (remember Tomac was battering Dungey before he crashed and Dungey is usually a minute clear of 6th, the depth is not there and never has been in AMA) and would struggle with Supercross initially. RV came over, got it all wrong and quit with his tail between his legs, and I thought he was the best I had seen for years.

I think in the past you could do it as Albertyn, Bayle did. But these days you have to commit to it for a couple of years. I think if Dungey came he would struggle initially but then start winning, that is what I take from RV being here. Fast yes, but not at all capable of dominating and he really struggled with how to structure his fitness and pace over a GP weekend, something you don't have to do in AMA so much.

But it can be done, Roczen, Musquin are all proof of that, and the same would be true vice versa.