View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2015, 11:05 (Ref:3579932)   #25
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Just watched the US round of the FIM series - Josh Grant won heat 2 & finished 2nd overall behind Romain Febvre. If Dungey raced (why didnt he?), he would have smashed them which begs the question - which series is stronger, AMA or FIM?
I think it is very hard to tell. Based on this GP you'd say well if Grant wins a heat pfff these GP guys would have a hard time racing full time in AMA. But then again RV2 didn't walk on water in the few GP's he's raced this season. He was good at occasion, but not the guy he was in the US.

Also very very hard since everytime conditions change and a lot is based on perception which might be the wrong perception anyway. I mean look at how Nagl raced in the first half of the season, something everybody did not see coming. Just imagine last offseason he'd made the switch to AMA and take that form to the US and compete in the top. Everybody would have said ''oh Nagl didnt do anything since forever in gps, and look how he is beating guys in ama''.

I guess all we can do is every now and then an EURO guy or an AMA guy will make the switch and we can enjoy it.