Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2017, 16:22 (Ref:3786021)   #1447
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite strange, cadillac dpi engines are made by RCC (the same tuner of 2014-2016 corvette DP 5.5). It's basically a heavily racing tuned version of the road LT block.

I know that teams don't own these engines because teams receive engines by manufacturer/tuner by leasing; it's a quite common habit in motorsport... ELMS/IMSA/WEC lmp2 teams don't own gibson engine used in their cars.

Because of that, what could be WRT involvment in a vicious behaviour?
As far I know WRT is made by about 15 people and don't think they are good enough to physically modify/alter a motor. The only way they could be able to cheat is via a custom/modified software of the engine ECU, as a lamborghini team last year did, but you don't need to confiscate a whole motor to find out that.

My theory: cadillac dpi was maybe homologated with certain mandatory parts/materials, maybe IMSA suspects there are violations about this. Anyway WRT was the only cadillac dpi team that day, of course engines confiscated could be only WTR ones.