View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2006, 01:44 (Ref:1497091)   #3
Simon Mason
Rookie

Ireland
Northampton
Simon Mason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if I still have a copy but I can clearly remember the principals of what we did to ours and why. But Production saloons bare no relation to what became the Production class of the BTCC. Those cars where what it is in effect known as Group N+.

Group N+ alowd allot more freedom of develoment over Group N. Group N was the class that killed of Production saloons in the UK with cars homolgated for racing by FIA (they cost allot more to run, higher spec than Prods). Nothing can step outside that homolgation in terms of spec. Prod saloon engines are pretty much Group N but N+ is way different, more like Super Production.

For Production cars, in terms of engine mods the long and short is you can do what you like so long as when someone technical looks at, measures and compares with official specs from the manufacturer of that exact model of car they cant find any difference. Any difference that is, from another factory supplied unmodified in any way engine. Stating the obvious perhaps but it really was as simple as that.

The engine was regarded as including the standard airbox right through to the exhaust downpipe.

I will take a look anyway.