View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2797418)   #63
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would be interested to see what the following rules would do to overtaking. I can't think of a way to describe my views in principles, so here's some outlines on what could happen. Any new set of rules should be tested in simulators to see if they are any better though.

Larger (width and diameter) rear tyres, same size fronts, larger aspect ratios (same complete wheel size, but 15 inch rather than 13 inch rims on the front, pro rata on the rear).
Two elements in the front wing maximum, no 3D endplates. Full width though.
Current height and 20cm wider rear wing, but limited to two elements.
190cm track, full width bodywork between the wheel centrelines.
Some form of venturi tunnels to maintain current lap times due to the front and rear wing reductions.
More KERS power than 2011 proposals, but limits on numbers of systems used like engines.
1600cc twin turbo engines, with maximum restrictions on life and boost pressure but not RPM, to stop cars. Variable valve timing, direct injection and other similar technologies permitted.

I'm not sure if this is the answer, but it could be worth a try.