View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2011, 02:15 (Ref:2996824)   #146
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
Yeah once in the pits, but they circulate till the get in correct order for laps beforehand and after. I wasn't implying theĆ½ keep their positions from when the yellow drops and can't make up positions by staying out of the pits or in the pits.. Also they still speed back to the pits and pits under yellow if they have damage as the only punishment is to go to the back of the line on the restart..

I just don't think anything nascar do with regards to safety cars/yellows really applies to v8s.. Too different a beasts..
I agree, they go much faster and complete laps more quickly , so therfore differences arrive from a safety point of view. They also have more accurate timing loops than we have, so we cant just freeze at a certain point in time, but i guess the otherside is they overtake more too so we may not need the timing loops for that due to less likely to be overtaking.

My point was though, they shut the pit as soon as the incident happens, this saves advantaging anyone.

In v8s if we were to close the pits, we would have to work on when to call the SC, to stop people being disadvantaged/advantaged. If we tightened this up, it would lead to more SC's

alternately we could keep them the same way and that woudl lead to disadvataging drivers, but we would not have an icnrease in SC's. I am imagining the howls from certain people on here, regarding bias if that was too happen.

The liklihood is we would have missed out on a great drive from lowndes at this years Bathurst, then we really would have reason to wonder what was wrong with Bathurst