View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2014, 22:26 (Ref:3436831)   #53
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Your vote suggests you do understand why. If everyone gave a top 3, I think we'd find Rosberg would feature in many people's, but when people can choose only one, someone like Rosberg who, as you say, did everything right but also had little competition, particularly so given that his teammate started so far back, is always going to lose out. As many people tend to favour overtaking over a lights-to-flag win and some automatically discard such drivers (just how often did Vettel get DOTR last season? Not anything like as many times as he won races as I recall), it's not surprising Rosberg has garnered so few votes.
You're right, Rosberg would have featured in many Top 3s, but I normally think that the overall DOTR result does reflect similar sentiments of the forum as a whole. I didn't expect him to be at the top, but I did think he'd get a few votes. Mark Webber would have had more votes if he'd been on the list.