View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2012, 17:03 (Ref:3095558)   #2288
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading some of the price increase complaints here I must say its not unfamiliar. My father had a similar increase which he noticed after a few months to which he tackled them over it. He asked to be disconnected from his broadband and Sky packages immediately and within minutes he had the money back and a load of free channels and a reduced subscription for 6 months. I think they try it on hoping you don't notice but they are not the only company to do this of course.

It does make me wonder how long the F1 Channel will remain separate from the rest of the sports package though. I wonder if this is a first season offering which will change after this season? If they are willing to secretly push the price up at any point they wish, is it completely out of the realms of possibility that they may push the channel up to the premium subscription? Time will tell. Other than what I feel is inferior coverage, I can't complain about Sky's customer service as I am able to watch the races for free if I wish to, so I am in effect getting a free service courtesy of my father. If anything I am cheating Sky and the people who have no choice but to pay for it, but hey, life isn't always fair lol.