Thread: TCR UK 2024
View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2024, 16:45 (Ref:4204020)   #92
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing wrong with that at all, there are a couple of cars over the years in TCR UK that could have done with a bit more input from more experienced operators in that way.

If it is as complicated as one driver who tested (and will race a different TCR car instead) believes it to be then I think it'll be a struggle with one driver (a fast one) with no TCR experience.

I honestly wish someone like Josh Files had could have got the budget for the drive, or one of the BTCC drivers who went to the Porsche Cup, or a Proctor or Butcher, or a missing TCR driver like Constable or Winfield. That kind of experience would make all the difference.

I'm just basing my opinion second hand from people in the TCR paddock who've said the reason they missed media day is that the team are not ready, for those reasons. I guess we'll know by this time next week whether that is a plank of an opinion or not.

I really hope Viktor puts in enough of a performance to 'sell' the drive in the second car to someone with the experience to lead.