D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse L
Thanks Enrico!

Navyflier; Dark green or dark brg och #43?
As a Swede I do not want to compete in that question with an Englishman

From the Esso-related photos I have seen earlier, with the car beside varius Esso stuff as mechanichs in Esso overalls, trucks, etc I get the impression of the same colour as this. But that could be dark brg of course!
There was also a dark green colour in the Saab colour chart between 1959-1961. But however, I do not think it was this colour either.
So if Navyflier remember from that time the car as dark BRG, I dont want to set my penny against it!
Officially a British car can be any shade of green from UDT or BRP "British grazing green" to Cooper or BRM "Almost black". There is a shade on some colour charts variously called "Napier Green", "Connaught Green" or "British Racing Green" so I reckon dark BRG must mean a dark not too yellowy non-metallic green.

The odds are that it was the standard SAAB dark green with whatever fancy name the marketing boys(or girls) gave it. If you could buy it in dark green, why buy it in any other colour and repaint it? Unless of course, they bought the car secondhand and rebuilt it for racing.

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.