View Single Post
Old 13 May 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4051428)   #2146
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
To me, Alex's delivery just seems false or forced, it just doesn't seem natural, he seems (to me) to over-emphasise things. I am prepared to accept that this could be an age thing for me. My benchmark Murray Walker (who I grew up listening to) was about 30 years older than me, and although I don't know his age I presume I am the same generation as Ben Edwards. Alex is obviously significantly younger, and maybe will also appeal to the younger generation that the powers that be are trying to attract, but at the moment I'd like some sort of app that automatically mutes the sound when he is talking, but allows me to still hear David Coulthard, Mark Webber and Billy Monger*.
*But of course Billy is also a youngster and I don't have a problem with his delivery. I've obviously got some sort of personal problem with Alex...