View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1550291)   #35
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh
And if I recall correctly, some of the delays in 1985 were as a result of local "fans" having gone round unscrewing the bolts in the armco - so they all had to be checked before anything could get going. My uncle, Derek Ongaro rip, was in charge of safety and he was not a happy chappy. Actually.....that gives me a thought for a new thread!
My memory of the armco problem was that is was 'lapped'* the wrong way and the joints had to be changed over.
*This means that the Armco joints should be so that (in the direction of travel) the ending section was on top of the new section. Then there would be no problem with a car 'brushin' the barrier, and digging in.
Just one more thought...
Could this problem have arisen because the circuit was run anti - clockwise, which is the opposite direction to most 'normal' circuits?