View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3656150)   #70
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Fair points, Mo. I think Road America proved that tradition, racing, money, crowd and marketing worked well enough.

Outside of the few posters here, I know a single, solitary IndyCar fan, so I don't really know what "they" want and where they'll show up.
Without a doubt, there were a vast number of people on the ground at RA who were clear first timers to both RA, and IndyCar in person, though, I think there were equal numbers of prior attendees. What will be interesting is if the numbers can be maintained into the coming years.

I'll suspect yes, but, ticket prices need to come down a slight bit, OR they need to continue with the earlybird package as they did this year. The other thing I'd like to see is an additonal series or two added. There were some gaps in the weekend that made it feel a little less full. The race stat time needs to also be pushed back. IndyCar should be the final event on Sunday, not the middle of the day.

As a sidebar, I have major complaints with the way RA does their camping, but, it didn't seem to affect much. There were more campers and motorhomes than I've ever seen there. This blew that crappy second tier NASCAR series out of the water in terms of attendance. Regardless of what Bruggenthies says, NASCAR only draws about 20k for the weekend, 98% on raceday only.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”