Thread: Tech Issue Pirelli-The Tyre Story..
View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2019, 18:31 (Ref:3946184)   #1828
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thought i would bump this...

in a rare show of unity, all 10 teams have agreed to continue to use the 2019 range of tires for the 2020 season.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...5o7v3e9GO.html

no doubt some may see this as another failure by Pirelli (and they are probably right in that) but i like it!

i am curious to see if they will also just bring the same compound selections to each race as they did last year? some races were pretty processional (either generating too few or too many pit stops) in 2019 and some of the worst races featured the hardest compound.

again, all things being equal, i would think that more data for the tires should mean teams will be able to extract more life from the softer compounds...if Pirelli opts to brings a softer range to each GP, then hopefully the teams will have the data they need to use those softer compounds more aggressively.