View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3690242)   #1284
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The same thing happened with Turkey. One of, if not the best Tilkedrome but the locals weren't interested. You have the same problem in China and with India and S. Korea. No motorsports heritage, therefore no fan base and no race. The same will happen with Baku. The only reason I can think of for Bahrain still being on the calendar, is due to Shaikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, throwing money at it.
in fairness though, countries which do have this heritage and fan base are also having the same problems maintaining or justifying the expense of an F1 race.

to me that means there is a different problem at play here...namely how the high sanctioning fees translates into higher ticket prices.