Thread: LM24 Radio Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 19 May 2015, 13:12 (Ref:3539310)   #276
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
This season I have been annoyed more than ever by Hindy's severe sportscar fan inferiority complex i.e. the continuous, irrelevant and pointless jabs at F1 often based cherry picked facts. I'm afraid a lot of people only like that and identify with him, but I don't and when you hear the two-thousand-horsepower circlejerk for the tenth time in the first hour of the race, it gets old really quickly. Someone should seriously tell him this could be really off-putting to new fans trying to get into the series.

I think I actually hope the two guys from the official ELMS stream will be on the WEC App Le Mans feed.
I often agree with his jabs against F1. Commentary isn't the place for that though. In commentary it comes across as an inferiority complex, yes. It's like a rugby commentator nervous about the challenge from soccer. He should confine his withering if not altogether off base criticism of F1 to his show. Sportscars stands entirely on its own two feet - or at least it should and his commentary should reflect that imo.