Thread: LM24 Radio Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 20 May 2015, 19:46 (Ref:3539758)   #284
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I thought my comment pretty obviously exaggerating on purpose (the 10 times in 1st hour thing) just to make the point and provoke a bit (looks the provocation worked ) and I wasn't talking about just this year's races, I only said this year I have found it to be more annoying. Also, I only specified Hindy. Rest of the team including you do not do it in the same way at all.

We are talking about the same thing, the WEC stream commentary and not the real RLM audio only one?

I have to say I'm surprised if the magic words of F1 were mentioned just 6 times, but that would then exclude all the times Hindy makes the sort of references where he might not mention "F1" directly, but considering the context it is nearly the same thing.

I just don't understand why tell the viewer/listener repeatedly or not, who is most likely already a fan of the series, that he is watching the best and most technological thing in the history of everything.
Neither John nor I contribute to the RLM audio feed for the WEC.

There's a balance to be drawn between explaining the context for the performance of the LMP1s against other, better known and understood top ranking race cars and flogging a dead horse. it's something that John and I have discussed at length and, honestly, I don't think we come anywhere close to any undefined 'line in the sand'