Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2017, 23:04 (Ref:3740696)   #111
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Ricciardo? Not at the same level? Seriously??

The Hamiltons, Vettels, Vestappens and Alonsos all have said Ricciardo is one of the best competitios they have driven with. Alonso even said Ricciardo was the best driver currently on the grid. Credit where credit is due, but to say Ricciardo is not at the same level as the others you mentioned is just daft.
I think it's ultimately a subjective thing. I am not being daft...

Certain drivers stand out constantly, and others do not.

Hamilton stands out in the Mercedes this year. Verstappen in the red bull, Vettel in the Ferrari. I don't feel like I'm clutching at straws when I make those statements. Those drivers have always stood out whether it was Vettel winning Monza in a Toro Rosso. Hamilton was making Alonso go crazy, and Verstappen won on debut with Red bull and the dramatic drive in Brazil. Certain drivers just have a star studded resume of unlikely finishes, dramatic starts, supreme comeback drives and for me those drivers are Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton, Verstappen. It's not a knock on anyone else, just noticing that certain drivers stand out for what they have achieved in the sport more than others.