Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3741870)   #122
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Perhaps not in your mind. I can certainly remember him having a few moments (Fuji 07 was it? Japan 12, Silverstone 11 qually, before the red flags salvaged his dignity, and Brazil 12 when he even held up Marussias - although to his credit these weren't exactly off days in the entirety, but some pretty disastrous few minutes - but also bearing in mind I can hardly remember his early career, when the errors are more likely to have occurred)

Even the greatest make mistakes. Perhaps we tend to only remember what we want to though...
He crashed a bit early in in the Minardi but he was trying very hard.

The only real off day that i can think of that meant anything (sorry if i appear to dismiss your examples) is the end of 2010. Petrov gate!

But yes i agree no driver is perfect and they cannot be on it all the time but golly Alonso never seems to be restrained by the ability of his car, he always takes it as far as he can go wheras others seem to take it as far as it will go.