View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2017, 08:45 (Ref:3772005)   #53
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
To the other answers I'll add the 92 and 93 Williams. Waaay superior to everything else and in every circumstance. These cars were more dominant than the 88 McLaren which was against a field split between atmos and turbos which were not equally balanced. Technically in 92 & 93, everyone was on a level playing field as opposed to the transition year that was 88.

'84 McLaren too, only the unreliability of that era prevented more wins. They still won 11 out of 16 or whatever it was.
Yes I was going to say the same re '92 and probably '93.

In 1992 i'm fairly sure that had there not been a few incidents or freak circumstances Mansell or Patrese could have won every GP in the FW14B!!

In '93 maybe the advantage was less but Prost never really extended himself more than necessary and I think there was some help to Damon from mid year to get him off the mark.

A fully committed Prost, even at 39, would have seen them all off in the FW15.

1984 was much closer but McLaren were more consistent than anyone else. Ferrari when working was the fastest car, Lotus, Brabham & Williams were very up and down/unreliable.