View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2741575)   #11
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
What I mostly wanted to focus on is the lack of mainstream sponsorships in the series. This is more than likely because the LMP field which gets most of the TV time is the weakest with the weakest teams left in it besides Highcroft and MAYBE Dyson.

And the focus some fans have on detractors like myself and TWK and others with more flowery outlooks.

As Field Of Dreams said, there is a very large faction of the fan base that's working class, camped out on the grass or the dirt. Maybe up in the stands, but go to a race or two every season. How come many mainstream products are not being peddled in the ALMS when you'll find these same fans in the Supermarket and Big Box Stores???

I also keep saying ALMS gets similar TV numbers to other series with mainstream sponsors (and different demographics) so what gives? How come the Risi Ferrari's don't have Big Red Gum on them? Or Orbit Sugar-free gum?

This is a symptom of the types of teams in the ALMS or the fact that the series is not as attractive to sponsors?