Thread: R Factor
View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2242235)   #14
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This laptop has on-board graphics, and when I first got it I tried copying my install from our ol PC across (v1150 I think). It didn't run, just crashed on the track loading screen. That was towards the end of last year.

I was going through some old bookmarks and found RFC, and wondered if the TCL mod was done yet (it isn't, but its still worth waiting for!), and noticed rF Lite.

'Hmm, 100mb, newer version might work?'' I thought.

Downloaded, installed.

Apart from a warning box saying that the PC specs were below the minimum specifications, it booted and ran. Got to the track and it ran! Yes, rF works without a proper graphics card!

OK OK, its very low res, and FPS is in the 25 range (single car on track), but its useable!

Anyway, activated my account again and I've got most of the mods I used before (Lupo Cup, Caterhams, 2CV's, V8SC), and on the way to getting the tracks back.

Don't know if my connection (wireless 2MB) will run without too much lag, but what does everyone drive online these days? Space is a premium on this HDD so I'm not getting the Meganes again. And is the RACE mod conversion still around?