View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2668245)   #22
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think superleaue formula actually has good potential as a series. I know the football clubs thing is a bit of a gimmick, but i think the series could work if the racing/football teams are promoted more in their own clubs, I also think the actual drivers and racing teams (opposed to the clubs) should get more coverage and promotion.

and, why limit themselves to football clubs? in europe and south america, football is the biggest sport. not so in north america. NBA, MLB, NHL and NFL are the mainstays of america, so why not open up to the US market (a market where F1 isnt at the moment) by having top american sports teams represented. New York yankess, Orlando magic etc anyone? and the same with canada, i bet the home turn out would be good in a race at montreal if montreal canadiens NHL team was represented......

in australia and new zealand a similar thing could be achieved: aussie rules football and rugby the biggest sports respectively.

superleague formula could really open up to the world, become a really marketable series, with teams and drivers seeing it as a great championship to compete in. even if it is slightly gimical. (but all motorsports have some gimmicks nowadays)