View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2014, 01:06 (Ref:3454139)   #46
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm annoyed with myself over this one. I had created a bit of fictional background story to go along with this as a circuit evolution, but it doesn't look like it saved the screen shots properly, and I've removed most of the curves and joins.

So not quite in the way that I intended, the original circuit is shown in red and runs anti clockwise was supposed to be a park roads within the grounds of a Country house. Long wide open curves and straights think pre-war behemoths thundering around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	September 2 Original.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	43533

A 1950s extension saw the circuit expand eastward through a re-profiled T1, rejoining back onto the original circuit with a sweeping right hander shown in Blue .

Name:	September 2 Loop added.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	43534

The circuit was again expanded as it was seen as too small in the late 1980s, resulting in the circuit layout used today. This layout utilises a section of the original layout that had fallen into disrepair but in the opposite direction.
This configuration measures 4.06 km or 2.537 miles and caters for Modern Touring cars and Superbike classes without being overly large for Club events.

Name:	September 2 Current circuit.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	43535

Its a tribute to the vision of the early people who saw the roads as being good for racing, that all the changes made, have taken place between the original T1 and T2 with the remainder of the circuit unchanged other than for safety.

Sorry I haven't finished it, or can give the sizes of the original circuits. If someone want so know I can bodge the original T1 back in likewise the joins for the blue section and re-measure.