Thread: IMSA Race 2017 12 Hours of Sebring
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3720232)   #486
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I feel like people are just forgetting what they saw at the start of the race. Rebellion led, the caddys weren't getting by him easily, and right behind the caddys the Nissan were lingering close by. The top 8 or so were hanging close until reliability bit them. That looks about right to me. Caddy is the most reliable. Yes, the fastest too. So what? The others showed they could compete. Pressure the caddy guys and maybe a mistake will be made. Stop screwing up every pit stop or blowing engines or having boost problems or putting amateur drivers in. You know, develop......

Limiting torque sounds like an incredibidly bad idea. Even with bop, you don't want exactly the same performance characteristics. Let caddy have a torque advantage but let turbos have a top speed advantage or something if you must. But it the big 6.2 liter torquey v8 can't have a torque advantage that it is built to have then we might as well run spec p2 engines. It's not imsas or caddys fault that the other teams and engines aren't reliable enough.

I just can't see how anyone who saw the racing in the first hour or so before they started dropping like flies could possibly think more "balancing" should be done. A professional team with a professional driver was leading. A lesser professional team with professional drivers were right behind the caddy. It was pretty Damn even.
My apologies for not having read the whole thread before responding.

RWill nails it.