View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2502473)   #6
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
A shame but surely it doesn't have to be the end of the brand, I don't see they need to have 5 different brands all with full lines of vehicles, they could be more like the Audi model with different brands focused on different market sectors. Then again this is the company (GM) that made 4 or was it 5 different 350ci V8's...
Yes, also two 455s and a 454. And two 400s and the 396, which became 402ci. Also home to the 302, 305, and 307. Those were the good days though... as little sense as it makes, I miss each division developing their own engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
I would say that a Skoda Superb is a rebadged Audi A6, badge engineering is alive and well in the 21st century. I can't understand why they didn't kill Buick instead, because they already have Cadillac for luxury (which is better known as a brand globally) and the end of Pontiac means they can't bring back the GTO, which is one of the best known nameplates of all time.
They did and it unfortunately didn't go over very well. People want retro. I think it's trite myself...